Many types of businesses operating within the Town require licensing by virtue of the Town Ordinance and/or State Statute. The Town Clerk’s office is responsible for receiving, processing, and issuing applications, licenses, and license renewals. All license fees are intended to cover the administrative costs associated with processing the application, and are non-refundable.
- Innkeeper/Tavernkeeper License (30-A M.R.S.A.Section 3811). In May of each year, all Innkeeper/Tavernkeepers receive a letter from the Town Clerk stating their license is due. A certificate is issued when the fee of $5.00 is paid.
- Liquor License (28-A M.R.S.A. Section 653 & 1051). Any establishment selling liquor for on-premise consumption must have a State Liquor License. A Liquor License application can be obtained through www.maine.gov or by calling the Liquor Licensing & Inspection Unit in Augusta at 207-624-7220.
- Once the application is filled out, please bring it to the Town Clerk for processing. The application will be advertised in the local newspaper and then approved by the Board of Selectpeople.
- A fee of $10.00 is charged for the Special Entertainment Permit and a fee of $21.42 is charged for the Liquor Advertisement. This license is valid for one (1) year only. Renewals must be done before expiration date.
- BEANO/Bingo or Games of Chance, and Pinball Machines. An application is available at the Town Office. Individuals are required to have the Board of Selectpeople sign the application. There is no fee for this service.