Welcome to the Town Manager's Page
Pursuant to Madawaska's form of government, the Town Meeting serves as the legislative body. It adopts ordinances and budgets and elects' members of the Select Board. The Select Board is authorized to hire a Town Manager, whose function is to serve as the Chief Administrative Officer. While the Board directs the Manager, the Manager directs departments and staff, and implements the policies the Board approves.
Madawaska was originally incorporated on March 15, 1831. It was re-incorporated on February 24, 1869.
Areas of Responsibilities
Including but not limited to:
- Responsible for assisting the Select Board.
- Prepare Agendas for Board meetings and warrants for Town Meeting.
- Oversees the operations of all Town of Madawaska departments.
- Coordinates the application process for membership on local boards and committees.
- Maintains a sound, positive public relations between Town and its citizens, other governmental agencies and the various Boards and Committees comprising of Madawaska town government.
- Prepares the annual budget for the Town with assistance from other departments.
- Acts as the purchasing agent for the Town.
- Monitors all Town funds, overseeing disbursement of all expenditures and receipts.
- Accepts positive innovation from the citizens of Madawaska to make the community a better place to live, work and play. If you have any ideas or suggestions for enhancements, please call us.
328 St. Thomas Street
Madawaska, ME 04756
Gary M. Picard
Town Manager/Chief Administrative Officer
Administrative Specialist/Public Information Officer